Friday, April 18, 2008

ECHOES, SILENCE, PATIENCE AND GRACE.

It has been 27 days since I last watched One Tree Hill. The show left me and the other millions of viewers with Lindsay figuring the comet riddle and running away from the altar, Brooke throwing a flamethrow (You're fired!) at Victoria, crazy Carrie loosing her screws as she kidnapped Jamie and grandpa Dan (now we call him grandpa!) rescuing his nearly-brunette grandson from the wicked witch nanny in its hundredth episode.

One Tree Hill returns with a four-weeks-later setting in Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace, the 13th episode of the 5th season (don't I sound like I write some kinda recap or review writer? :p).

James Lafferty no longer has that appeal to me. I guess Nate [Archibald] took me away from Nathan [Scott]. As for Bethany Joy Galeotti, the makeup artists made a good job in making her look like a mother coping with stress. She really looked drained and worned-out. Is it just Haley or it's Joy we see? I would like to believe it's just Haley. Don't get me wrong, I like Mrs. Galeotti! Maybe I am not just used to see her less glammed up or maybe it is just because I have not seen her for a month.

In this episode, the two seeked the help of a therapist (I like the questions the therapist are throwing at them.) to save their almost 6-year marriage. The couple struggles with acting their age. No, they did not act their shoe sizes. They acted like sick burned out teachers who...whatever. There's no way their marriage is falling apart. Their tandem is the last thing OTH wants to alter. I love Nathan and Haley (and Jamie), always and forever. :)

Jamie is sooo...Jamie. Jackson Brundage is such a beautiful kid and his talents are superb. He's very promising. If more doors will be opened, I won't be surprised if he gets himself an Oscar! I realized I missed the kid when I watched the episode an two hours ago. Here is the feeling: You suddenly realize you miss the person upon seeing him when you haven't felt the longing at all in his/her absence. You get that feeling too, don't you?

Regarding Lucas, he spent the last weeks in Andy's yacht, waking up every morning thinking of Lindsay. Oh c'mon. I thought the Lindsay phase is ooover. She's just a guest star! She's not even in the header of the OTH page in cwtv.com or in every fansites there are (I suppose :])! Get over, Luke! Give it a break. The thought of Linday in the comeback epi is sooo predictable but I mind her presence. Well, she's in the latter part of the epi, looking bigger than Lucas as usual.

And guess with whom Hilarie Burton shared her scenes? Drumroll please...tada! Mark Schwahn, brainsource and executive producer of the show, on cameo. Look who's running out of actors. Haha. Schwahn played the owner of the record store in Tree Hill frequently visited by Peyton as you witnessed in the previous seasons. But was it really him? I don't think so. It was some pale-looking guy who definitely doesn't curly tresses if my memory doesn't betray me. Ha. Going back to P. Sawyer, I missed seeing the bulimic bitch (as how Lindsay labeled her in the Tree Hill library) and her lines. I missed how she insecure me with her gorgeous legs and slender frame.

Brooke Davis comes back on a serious panorama. No Owen in this episode. I really like her relationship with Jamie! Cool godparent. :) Victoria was absent in the epi but her bitchy intervention never fails to butt in. Eh yes, she failed to convince the adoption agent. I don't really have any idea what's coming on Sophia Bush's character...which means there'll be a lot of things to happen and we'll all be thrilled...again :)

Okay, so I just read something about the OTH creator's cameo. Well yes, my memory betrayed me. Mark Schwahn, as I've read in BuddyTV, appeared in Season 4.

It was not really an eventful episode but it was very verbose, which only means, more lines to quote. :) I really like the transition and the connection of clips, and if you are a Tree Hill fan, you know what I mean. They are just so great with that.

So did I just sound like the first person who watched the epi when I am actually two days late? I did, I did. :P

No comments: