Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A DAY OUT.

So basically, my summer is a home detention. :)

While a lot of people are making the most of the bikini season by hitting the vacation spots, taking whatever fruitful lessons are offered and working for money, I am busily embracing barrenness and tedium.

Of course, just the thought of monotony, I miss being out with friends to spice my day. March 29, distrubution of report cards, was the last time I saw some of my friends. I was not able to spend time with them at all because I was basically avoiding chance meetings. :)

Actually, friends have been regularly scheduling meet-ups. For all I know, some still see each other on a regular basis (in the likes of Jose and Pao). Well, it is just that...uhm, I've been turning down offers. :P Simply because I don't have money.

Whenever someone persuades me to join the lot, I would immediately ask in response, "all-expenses paid ba?" And of course, who would dare shoulder my splurges? "Hindi eh." That's an immediate answer too.

In point of fact, the last time I went out the marginals of my parents' estate (oh how sosyal does that sound for a bungalow! haha.) was on the last day of the last month of the first quarter of the year (breathe!)-- in short, March. If you have been reading older posts, you probably know my tale that day.

***

For a couple of days now, my glasses are falling off from where it should be. It's feels uneasy especially when I'm doing house chores so I felt the need for an adjustment. Since my cuzzo will be enlisting for summer classes, I decided to accompany her. I did myself a favor, yey :) Well more than the demand for frame modification, I guess I needed to catch further air to inhale. :D

So I guess I had three things in mind hours ago:


  1. break out from monotony


  2. fix my eyeglasses


  3. train myself on my way to Katipunan


  4. Cello's Doughnuts and Dips
***

I will never be a Maroon but somehow, I had my fair share of the enrolment and enlistment experience in UP (though my cousin told me that wasn't the worst-case scenario yet). Yes, I was merely a companion then and there. I was neither the one filling out forms, deciding on classes and schedules nor dealing with the adviser but I was with my cousin all along. Like she did, I also treaded the streets of the campus, took a lengthy walk under the scorching heat, rode the jeep, went back and forth CMC. Imagine, just being there is a perspiring involvement. Nevertheless, an experience is always an experience.

The two of us spent more or less three hours in Diliman. It was almost 1 PM when we left for Katipunan. We were tremendously hungry and thirsty!

***

The tagteam of chow time and Katipunan only meant Cello's Doughnuts and Dips! Yey :)

If you must know, since I learned about Cello's, I was immediately craving for it! Yeah, silly. My taste buds haven't experienced the Cello sensation yet but badly longing for it. I am really a sucker for doughnuts (now you know what you can give me :D).

So at last, I was there.

From my usual blogosphere treading, I learned that a piece costs P20.00 and a box of six costs P110.00. Beforehand, I intended to buy two doughnuts for my own consuming (in which I planned Oreo will be one) and even bring home a half-dozen box for my sibs (pretty much for my own consuming too. haha).

Much to my dismay, a doughnut costs P25.00 now (I guess it complements to the upsurge of the price of flour.) and P135.00 for half a dozen. Three honey-glazed doughnuts plus a dip cost P90 something. More mouth-watering treats in the likes of Blueberry Cream Cheese flavor cost P35.00.

My cousin and I ended up buying a box of 2 each. Considering the size, I guess Queen Elizabeth wouldn't be thrilled at all at the thought of a P135.00 half dozen box of doughnuts.
Sorry, no sweet take-home for Mark and Icka.

Too bad, Tokyo-Tokyo is nowhere to be found in Katipunan Avenue. We actually considered to kill more time and make our way to North Avenue just to have a Japanice lunch. Bearing in mind our starving stomachs, we compromised to Greenwich. Our tummies were already revolting! They could no longer afford two more jeepney rides to TriNoma!

***

Maybe the most acceptable reason for my day out is to have my eyeglasses adjusted. Guess what? The best reason there is was forfeited. Remember the denim case of my glasses? It was nowhere to be found! Oh the cute case just got lost. The thought of it still sucks. I put the receipt in the case meaning I can no longer avail the free frame modifications. We did not dare go to Sarabia Optical anymore thinking about the charge. Knowing that I will only spend for transpo and food, I did not ask much from my Queen Elizabeth. I think we left the adorable case in the van we rode on our way to Mother Ignacia. How stupid was I!

I consoled myself by searching for a lovely pair of kitten heels. Aside from slippers, I plan to make kitten heels my official school shoes. I really wanna have a pair of Keds Raves if not a Keds Blossom Hi Wedge. I have been visiting
Keds webpage for more than a week now.

***

I cannot resist a Japanice experience so we still ended up in TokyoTokyo! Spicy Kani Roll and the perfect red iced tea. :)



***

Jose and the lot scheduled a swimming at Paradise Resort in Malolos. Jose was uber convincing me last night to join the club, and you know it, I asked if it was junket, but of course he replied with a no. He was asking why I can't come with the crew. Besides the fact that I cannot swim (pathetic.), I have been honest with him that if I have my own money course I would come. Well, you can say I asked money from Queen E today but it is just because I gave her an acceptable reason- my glasses.

Perhaps if I asked money from her for the swimming getaway, I have the foreknowlege that she'll be rasing an eyebrow. You know if she's not into something that will require her money, she acts like she doesn't hear you. If truth be told, I don't have the courage to ask her permissions for day outs because I don't have the most lethal weapon with me-- MONEY.MONEY.MONEY.

Jose even offered to pay one-fourth of my entrance fee. Ha? Not even a half? And entrance fee only? How about my food and my transportation? Haha. I told you, ALL-EXPENSES PAID. :)

I am really sorry guys. Well anyway, I know it's not too much of a deal at all. I hope you enjoyed today. :)

No comments: