Saturday, March 22, 2008

T.G.I.S [i]

I have always rated Tortang Talong with five stars. :)

Of course, the kitchen has always been a pit stop, especially these days since I inhabit the house for a solid 24/7. Yesterday, I was delighted to find out that we have eggplants in the refrigerator. Para akong batang nakakita ng ice cream sa freezer. Well, egg is a staple in our house, so I asked my mommy if I could cook tortang talong for breakfast.

My first attempt to cook a favorite omelette dish did not turn out to be quite successful. Hindi, hindi ako nakasunog. It was just a simple egg and eggplant combination plus a dash of salt pero hindi ako nasarapan eh. Actually, the cooking experience left me with a burn on the left wrist pa. :)

Parang buhay lang, the sufferings you've been through doesn't guarantee victory in the end, but the bruises will heal. Afterall, it was a learning experience.

Ang buhay at ang talong.

Bow.

***


The never-ending battle of blue and green.
(Hindi ako color-blind.)

This is a line from a blog of obviously, an Atenean.

There and then of course, I pondered.

I cannot assess the DLSUCET because I failed to submit my application requirements. "La Salle na lang hindi pa nakapasa," yan ang mga naririnig ko nung unang-una pa lang sa mga nakatatanda. From feedbacks like that, I would of course measure that DLSUCET is a piece of cake.

Kakatapos ko lang mag-ACET no'n, I asked a batchmate how was the DLSUCET. "Grabeee, ang hirap," sabi niya.

Ha? Ano ba talaga?

Sabi naman ng pinsan ko, mahirap din naman daw ang entrance exam ng La Salle kaya lang mas malaking percentage ng examinees ang kinukuha nila. Meaning, DLSUCET is a brain bomb too but student selectivity is looser compared to UP and AdMU.

What way to muse more than checking out threads? Just clicks away. PEx was ever-reliable. Well, of course the forum morphed, as expected, into a bragging outlet. Concerning the difficulty of college entrance tests, here's the stand of the majority in the thread involving the Big Four-kuno (hardest to easiest): [1] ACET; [2] UPCAT; [3] DLSUCET; [4] USTET. Yet, amidst the heated argument, jesting still managed to occur.

acaciatree: bakit ba pilit na kunukumpara ang DLSUCET sa ACET? e yung social climber naming neighbor na nag-Saudi ang Ama (now Daddy na ang tawag) na ga-munggo ang utak nakakuha ng Scholarship sa DLSU.

Bandido: ^^mas grabe pala sa ateneo ....kahit walang utak na tulad mo nakakuha ng scholarship???

acaciatree: mas grabe sa la salle at ust, kahit walang ulo pumapasa.

I don't know if you find it funny, but I do. :) Mabenta kasi sa'kin ung ga-munggo ni Bandido. Baka tuloy maging bukambibig ko na 'to sa mga susunod na araw. :) By the end of the forum, pinagtulungtulungan na yung mga Thomasians. They were picking on the USTET. Irrevelant concepts sprouted and the chief topic went astray.

Managing to collect my thoughts, here's my say: The difficulty of college entrance tests does not entirely reflect the capacity and excellence of schools. Neither do the selectivity in admissions, I guess. It serves as a factor though. So what if a school has an easy-peasy admission test? Maybe they can accommodate more students in their institution. Education is [mutating to be] a business after all. (Summoning Paulinians from SPCB! =>)

Anyway, passing the entrance exam is an entirely different matter from surviving college.

be posting again later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tangina true. nag-UP ka nga, di ka naman grumaduate. tsk, tsk.

Anonymous said...

Well, depende rin naman yon sa course. I failed the DLSUCET cause I chose business and engineering courses but my friend who failed the USTET passed it cause she chose Biology (madali raw makapasok).

Bwahaha, kanya-kanya :))