Sunday, March 23, 2008

she bangs!

I got myself a haircut!

But there was more than the bangs. (oh yeah, you read that right. Like every girl walking before you has that hair before their eyes. Oh fringes. Who would have thought I just joined the bandwagon.)

The story does not lie there.

***

In the course of the Holy Week, I was thinking of getting my hair cut by Easter Sunday. Why not? The last trim I had was last Acquaintance-Disco, way back early July.

My hair is clearly a mess. It's not straight nor curly. I have wavy locks. It doesn't have volume. That's why I do not let my hair down. Ponytail is my official do.

My tresses are seldom attractive. And when it does look good, well, I'm just sooo proud to say that it's all natural. Virgin from hair straightening or perming. But gee, that's seldom.

I envy friends (in the likes of Loi and Rie) for having those effortless gorgeous locks. When can I have those? So I resolved I would probably get a hair treatment. No, not rebonding nor relaxation. Expensive. Most of all, ayokong mag-mukhang sinunog yung buhok ko.

I went to David's at around 3:00 PM today. Ate Carla accompanied me. I decided to get a haircut and a hair spa. Like a month ago, I got my hair assessed for hair spa and they priced it P1500.

Okay so I brought the last of my fortune (pooor :) and treated my unmanageable locks.

Course, I got my hair washed first of all. The next thing, the hairdresser was trimming 2 inches from my wavy tresses. Then, someone put some cream in my hair and got it wrapped in plastic (which I do not exactly know how to refer). The best part was the massage! Always, the best part of the salon visit.

Ate Carla whispered to me, "Parang wala lang yung hair spa." And I was on the rocks of regret. More pricey version of hot oil. Uggh. P1500.

The hairdresser rinsed my hair. Working the fringes follow. The salon experience, course, concluded with a blow-dry. Rocks of regret. I wasted my savings. Shit. Parang nagpablowdry lang ako. Sana nagpagupit lang ako, diba? Karen. Stupid.

It's so hard to let go of P1,610 for a dubious makeover. I was on the counter, handing out the bills to the receptionist/cashier when I realized...

PUTEEEK.

Kulang yung pera ko.

Na-short ako ng P210.00. Nakahihiya. Gusto kong matunaw. Nanliliit ako.

One of us should really make her way home and get money; the other one should be left in the salon. There's no other way to get away with it. If someone has to travel 20 minutes back and forth, that's me.

Flaunting my new hair, I rushed to the jeepney terminal. :)

Para pagtakpan ang kahihiyang nararamdaman ko, pinaglaruan ko na lang yung buhok ko sa jeep. Haaayyy. Kung alam ng mga taong to. "Alam niyo ba, bagong gupit ako, pero 'di pa bayad yan." What a catch.

I really did not know how I managed to pull it off. Kapal ng mukha? Oh, looks like it.

Well, at least I learned a lot of things!

[1] Take time to count how much money you have before leaving the house for out-of-towns, malling, any kada gala or err, salon visits! No matter how last minute the action is, check your wallets, check your pockets. You don't wanna end up like me!

[2] Bring a friend with you if you're not sure to comply with [1]! Hey, I do not really know how will I be able to get away with it if Ate Carla with it. Anyway, if you're a mobile user (heck, I'm not), that's surely useful. Actually, the salon has a landline phone, I could ask someone to rescue me but I'm just not a prima donna.

[3] Do not be a spendthrift! Do not indulge your hair, if you, uhm, do not have a backer (say a glam mom). :)

[4] Be wise where to spend your savings!

[5] Love your tresses. Yes, you can get away with it. Believe in the beautiful side of things.

***

How do I look? Don't ask.

Christ has risen.
Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments: