Friday, January 4, 2008

remote, standoffish, reserved, indifferent, distant, detached, unfriendly, cold, unapproachable, proud, snooty *

My torpor has worked wonders for me.

You know, I have been tagged by persons from teachers to not-so strangers as someone indifferent to insensitive because of my indolence. But then, my deficiency of excitement, physical and mental energy, or anything embracing the adrenaline was nothing but my salvation.

I was redeemed from emotional breakdowns and disgraceful aftermaths. I have been rescued from the social stress and social thorns; though I know in my brain (and in my heart?) that I have not been emancipated from infiltrating conflicts and penetrating pressures. I am just so fortunate that I am so nonchalant!

Actually, iniisip ko rin kung naduduwag lang ako. Alam niyo na, clichés-- indulgence in fantasies to escape reality, superb fraud, pretending not to be hurt, playing tough enough. Gee. Di ako yun. I may not have a degree in Psychology but I feel sharp that I understand intelligently the difference of escapism and torpor*insensitivity.

But see, the COMMON DENOMINATOR is SELF-PRESERVATION.

So much for my mind-blowing aloofness that I doubt, got through your neurons (I guess I’ve said much, but I think I was still too vague for anyone, or someone **,)

No comments: